In Ayurveda, a full body massage is called “Abhyanga” and is considered an important part of a daily or weekly self-care routine. Here are some of the benefits of a full body massage in Ayurveda:
- Promotes relaxation: A full body massage in Ayurveda can help to calm the mind and promote deep relaxation. It can help to reduce stress and tension in the body, which in turn can help to improve sleep.
- Increases circulation: Ayurvedic massage can help to improve circulation throughout the body. This can help to improve the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to the body’s tissues, as well as help to remove toxins and waste products from the body.
- Improves flexibility: Abhyanga can help to increase flexibility in the muscles and joints. This can be particularly beneficial for those who suffer from stiffness or chronic pain in the muscles and joints.
- Boosts immune system: Ayurvedic massage can help to stimulate the lymphatic system, which is responsible for helping to remove waste and toxins from the body. This can help to boost the immune system and improve overall health.
- Nourishes the skin: Ayurvedic massage typically involves the use of warm herbal oils, which can help to nourish and moisturize the skin. This can help to improve the appearance of the skin and promote a healthy, glowing complexion.
Overall, a full body massage in Ayurveda can be a relaxing and rejuvenating experience that can have numerous health benefits for both the body and mind.