For people who are very choosy in terms of what operating systems, they prefer to use, one of the best choices is to use dual boot macOS with Windows 10. Apple laptops have always been a bit complicated when it comes to upgrading to newer operating systems, especially since the older version was simply not designed to be compatible with so many different versions of Windows. However, that has changed with the launch of the new MacBook, which sports an operating system that’s both Mac OS X and Windows OS X.
Moreover, you can dual boot Windows 10 and macOS Big Sur. But dual-booting requires pretty high specs and features. Because you are going to use several operating systems on a single hardware. Therefore, the system needs to have good specs to handle the operating software.
How to dual boot macOS and Windows 10:
The dual boot method of upgrading your computer to Windows isn’t as revolutionary as it sounds. Basically, you have two operating systems on your computer at once, making it easier for you to work with.
- For those who enjoy the benefits of a dual boot system, it’s an excellent way to get the most out of your laptop. However, even though this might seem like a benefit, there are some disadvantages of this setup that you should be aware of before opting to have dual boot systems on your computer.
- The biggest drawback of using a dual boot system on your laptop is the fact that it can cause a decrease in overall computer performance.
- Since your computer needs to boot up both systems, it takes longer for the computer to come into operation.
- As a result, the computer may not be able to perform at its full potential. In some cases, the performance issue can even worsen because it may take longer for the programs on your computer to load.
- If your website takes a while to load on your computer, it’s a good idea to change to using a different web browser. This way, you will still get a working site but your pages will load a lot faster.
- Another downside to having a dual boot system on your computer is that it can cause the memory of your computer to go down over time.
- The boot-up process uses up quite a bit of memory, which means that running multiple programs at once can cause a significant drop in the amount of available memory for your computer. If this happens, you may need to update your memory or even restart your computer.
- When using a dual boot setup, you may also run into a number of compatibility issues. Some devices will only boot one operating system.
- while others will boot two. Although many modern laptops are capable of booting both OSes, it is not uncommon for them to have boot problems if they’re using a dual boot setup. It’s best to avoid using a boot series if you’re dealing with any of these kinds of issues.
- However, if you must use one, you should keep an eye on the time it takes for the system to boot up.
Overall, dual boot systems can be useful for people who use their laptops on the road a lot as well as those who use the computer for work purposes on occasion. However, if you do need to use one, you should be sure to update your current OS before upgrading to Windows 10. This will ensure that it is ready to go when you decide to switch back.
This is how you can dual boot macOS with Windows 10. Both operating systems are dominating the world. Therefore, dual booting is the best option to use both on one PC. Moreover, feel free to reach us. If you need assistance regarding dual booting. We would be glad to help you out.