The idea of creating or changing to a more sustainable wardrobe might be a daunting one for many fashion fiestas. It might mean to look into the prospects of letting go of your favourite brands and trying out many new ones. The thought of not being able to wear the brands that you are used to might limit your choices in terms of trends as well. All of these concerns might seem impossible or scary, but it isn’t hard as you might be thinking it to be.
Let’s see and reach out to 6 tips on how to create a more sustainable closet, without much hue and cry.
- Versatility: Look for pieces, or clothes that are versatile and can be styled in different ways.
- Be More Informed: One of the most important things about trying to be more sustainable is to know about your available choices and options. It’s advisable to go for brands that operate with a sustainable focus in their mind.
- Transparency: Every new item of clothing made has a substantial carbon footprint attached to its manufacturing. Thus, transparency is the key for the brands when it comes to sustainability. It’s important to find about where the brand sources their supplies/materials, what they are made of and how sustainable their production process is.
- Invest in Smart Choices: Go for investing in clothing choices that are used all year round. Shirts, jumpsuits, classic dresses, t-shirt dresses, trousers etc. will make for much more sustainable choices.
- Take Care of Your Clothes: Good quality and maintenance are the key factors for your clothes to last longer. Go an extra mile to ensure your clothes stay at their best for longer.
- Go for Quality over Quantity: Buying better quality, more sustainable pieces are likely to cost more money but are intelligent fashion choice in the long run. Products that are built from high-quality materials are a sustainable choice for all. They are eco-friendly, natural and dramatically reduce the carbon footprint.
Whether one prefers to renew their wardrobe often or more sporadically, The Meraki World helps you with important fashion choices while being fair, ethical and sustainable. Meraki is one of the leading brands with the design philosophy to create modern, classic pieces that defy trends and seasons. Created for an urban environment, every design by them is beautifully designed to move with real life.
The brand believes in sustainability, authenticity, creativity and simplicity. The wide range of their sustainable clothing includes comfortable designer tunics, modern long tops, long sleeves shirts for women, full sleeves shirts, dresses, pants, work-wear range, etc. for contemporary and independent women. The clothes are designed to fit well on various body shapes. Visit their website for your ultimate fashion guide to get your sustainable zing back.